In three words, I can sum up everything I've learnt about life : It goes on - By Robert Frost
    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, May 2, 2011

    Taiwan trip Day 1 - Tai Chung!

    I know I haven't been updating this space for a freaking long time! And thanks to my beloved Jieying, I'm back~! =p *BIG WAVES to JIEYING!!!*

    My last post was posted just before I went to Taiwan..so probably a good post now would be on my Taiwan trip! It's the first time I went overseas with my colleagues as well as my first Taiwan trip! I have to say..I'll definitely head back to Taiwan!

    Fortunately, the weather this time round was really cooling..or should I say..COLD! coldest day went below 10 degrees!



    (Us less susu before we board the plane~)



    (Beenie and me on the plane! excited!)



    (Beenie and my Luo Zhi Xiang concert tix!!)

    Our first destination was TaiChung. Taking a afternoon flight, there wasn't much for us to shop around when we reached TC at around 11pm. So it was just supper then sleep into the next day - Rise and Shine!!



    (@ a roadside stall for hot supper!)




    (Our supper! I super love their mini steamboat that comes in a bowl...but full of ingredients!!)




    (Then rise and shine to our breakfast provided by the eatery beside our hotel~)

    After breakkie, it was off to Sun Moon Lake!! Have heard all about the beautiful scenary there...so am really looking forward to it! We met a couple of nice cab drivers who gave us a pretty good deal to stick through with us for the whole day and even bringing back our buys back to the hotel!



    (Us before we set off! Unfortunately, as you see..it was really misty!)





    (All of us in the boat!)

    And at the first stop of Sun Moon Lake, here're the pecktures! And most imptly, I simply heart the tea leaf egg!!! OMG!!!



    (Us all again!)




    (the frigging nice ah ma tea leaf egg!)












    (More pecktures @ the first stop!~)

    Frankly speaking, apart from the delicious tea leaf egg, there's only the temple for people to visit and to take pecktures with. So we zoomed off to the next station where we were told there's tons more stuff to do...erm to be more exact..MORE FOOD! haha...And upon stepping foot on the 2nd station...it's really like a food heaven! All the food test yummy!!!



    (Us zooming off to the 2nd stop!)





    (Super misty :( )



    (Erm..this would be Dar's favourite stall if he was there!)








    (My favourites? - The cabbage bun and the black sesame rice wine! Yes..the rice wine weighs a ton but was super worth me carrying it back to SG!)



    (Left: The nice cabbage bun!)
    (Right: The honeyed tapiocca which the cab driver brought us to buy along the road~)

    The nice cab drivers also brought us to the famous shops to buy the Tai Yang Bing before dropping us at Yi Zhong st and then taking our loots back to hotel! Yi Zhong st is another nice street worth going!



    (Nice shops around that area..and...)









    (Nice food!!! Yummilicious!! *drools*)

    What went on after all the eating? Hmm..me and another colleague of mine went to Luo Zhi Xiang's concert while the rest proceeded back to the night market near our hotel to shop!



    (Me and Beenie all excited at the concert!~)



    (Loads of pple there!)



    (heart~)



    (Guest : Xiao S~~she's so gorgeous!)




    (Nice back drops!)

    Tons more of pecktures but seriously way too many to upload! =x We were really satisfied with the concert...and heading back to hotel, we went to find more food before we ended the night!!





    (Hmm not very nice corn compensated by the super yummy hot melted cheese ji pa!!!)



    (And we spotted this on our way back to the hotel...aww so cute!!!)

    This kinda ended the 1st day at TaiChung. Next day..we proceeded to Taipei since we're more or less done with TaiChung! *stay tuned!*

    No comments: