In three words, I can sum up everything I've learnt about life : It goes on - By Robert Frost
    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, January 28, 2008

    Ugliness of a realistic man...

    Nothing much special happened today, but just how I witness one of my colleagues struggled in her job engagement made me see the ugliness of a realistic man. This man, I shall name him A. He is considered the direct superior of colleague B. Frankly speaking, I guess it's rather obvious that he's like the horror of my department and I guess I can safely pass the assumption that no one really likes him. Reasons for that? Here's why...

    He doesn't care about his subordinates' emotions and well-being. To him, as long as he can present himself as capable, he wouldn't mind pushing all the workload to his subordinates and stress them to work like slaves so long as he can present all in front of the manager and partners on time. And the ugliest part is that all that he is doing are just simply attempts to impress and get promoted to the manager level so that he can move on to another place to fetch a higher pay. These are not just simple guess by my colleagues and I, but from his own mouth when B was working with him.

    Understandably, with a competitive society today, everyone longs to move on to a better place with a higher pay. But along the road of achieving one's own success, shouldn't consideration be placed, maybe hardly at the first place, but at least at a slightly higher level? Every one starts from scratch, and many a times what babies of this working societies need are guidance from people who have walked this path before, not unrealistic and ridiculous stepping and tramping! Scars that are made can cause a severe lost to beginner's confidence in what seem like a possible path to take.

    I see this ugly side of a realistic man today. It scared me, but I'm glad my baby came to find me after work today and in celebrating him getting a job in a bank, i gave him a simple treat at Pastamania. Food wasn't really fantastic, but I believe we both enjoy each other's company more than anything else. At least a nice way to end my work day...something to warm my heart. Thank God!

    No comments: