In three words, I can sum up everything I've learnt about life : It goes on - By Robert Frost
    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, September 15, 2008

    ~8th to 14th September 2008~



    (Me and Dar at Hyatt once again~)

    It's been a week since I last updated my blog. Been rather overwhelmed by my 2nd week core training..cos unlike the first one which I would say is both enjoyable and enriching...the 2nd one was boring and overloaded!

    My week was kind of rescued, especially from the Monday Blues, by the International Buffet that I mentioned in my previous post. As a way of rewarding our hard work in interims, as well as encourage us to work harder for our finals in the Morgan Audit this year, we were treated to an international buffet at the Window on the Park Restaurant at the Holiday Inn Parkview Singapore. It's my first time having buffet there. I wouldn't say the food is fantastic cos' I definitely still prefer the one at the Marriott Cafe, but the desserts and some of the random dishes there still managed to please my palate...keke...I kinda like the herbal chicken soup there also..very tasty! heex...



    (Window on the Park Restaurant)



    (my 1st and 2nd servings...)



    (The Herbal Chicken soup I like...)



    (Desserts!!!)

    The night didn't end right after the buffet. A few of us went on to Partyworld to sing the night away all the way till 1am when we actually agreed to leave at 1130pm latest since it's just Monday (i.e. the very very start of the week only). But then with the few k-masters how is that ever possible??lolx...we sang and sang and sang...and this time round was the assistants (i.e. my batch) time to give our beloved assistant managers a treat since they treated us the previous time we went singing together. I don't know about the rest but I was feeling really worn out after all the singing...and I only managed to touch my beloved bed at around 230am to 3am. The result is a uber zombie me the next day!!hahax...


    (Left: Ravi and Mr Shrek!)
    (Right: Miss Sarah the K-Queen!)



    (Me with Agnes and Ms Kee...)

    So right after training on Tuesday...Bella didn't allow her feets to wonder anywhere else but to head straight home to rest! That night Bella for the very few rare times went to bed before 11pm. Hahax...I was soooo tired that I could barely keep my eye lids wide open while waiting for Dar to reach home so I can say goodnight to him. I'd usually wait for Dar to get ready to sleep so we can turn in together...but when I jump into my bed before he's even ready to turn in...you bet I'm REAALYY tired!!hahax...

    Then Wednesday came! Training as usual...but it was also dinner time with Dar and his mum and sis!! Since my training ended at around 530pm, I decided to do some shopping in town while waiting for 7pm to come since they'd only reach then. Bought myself a suit of work-wear and after walking non-stop for like 1hr plus in my heels, I finally decided to find a seat and sit down while waiting for them. Dar and his mum and sis came shortly after and we went to Crystal Jade at Takashimaya basement to eat. There was a long queue...but Yum Yum! heex...

    (The yummy duck is not here yet wor~~)



    (All the four of us had this - Fresh Shrimps Wanton Noodles!!Yum Yum!!)



    (The crispy Shrimp dumplings and crispy duck skin..Nice!)



    (Here comes the duck and the plum sauce!)

    After dinner, Dar accompanied to Marriott Hotel to buy mooncakes while Dar's mum and sis walked around Takashimaya. We then took a cabbie home from Takashimaya after Dar's mummy bought a new vacuum cleaner. And Bella reached home satisfied with the evening (^.^)



    (White Lotus Paste with Double Yolk Mooncakes from Marriott Hotel!)

    Thursday was the last day of core training and it ended super early...like at around 1pm..hahax! Best day ever!!hahax..and since I had a engagement briefing at around 2pm, I went for lunchie at a rather famous Curry Fish Head stall near Amoy area. I've heard of that place for many times and have yet to give it a try. After trying..I must give thumbs up to it!!the stir-fry sotong is very tasty too!!Yummy lunch!!

    Then back to office for my current job engagement briefing all the way till around 325pm before I rushed off for my facial session at Modern Beauty. As usual, I fell asleep during that 1.5hrs there...hahax!Strght after that was home sweet home to rest...but only to find myself being caught by a flu bug at the night came. Was supposed to meet Jolene and co for dinner on Friday night...but because the flu was making me feel restless and the medication I took made me feel so giddy, ended up I didn't get to meet up with them. Sobx sobx...

    But still I'm glad I spent the day resting at home on Friday cos' at least it helped to save my Saturday...cos' Saturday Dar promised to bring me out!!heex...I woke up on my own...earlier then Dar and prepared and then took a cabbie down to Dar's house...only to find my Mr. Pig still sleeping!!!Rahhh...So I waited for Dar to wash up. Dar then brought me to our beloved Creation to eat the nice pasta there!! I just live the spicy crabby pasta to bits...just like how much Dar love his Seafood Marinara!hahax...cos' we always order the same thing there!Then we walked over to Suntec hoping to find some Furniture shop but to no avail. So we then walked over to Marina Square to have a walk. I finally bought myself a new sweater from Zara...as well as bought my Brother's belated birthday gift. Oh!!and Dar bought me my favourite Billy Bombers Chocolate milk shake!!!*SlurP* Dar bought a financial planning related book for my Bro as his birthday gift as well.



    (Saturday..ready to go out with Dar...)



    (Starters...nice Broccoli soup with toasted bread!)



    (Left: My delicious Spicy Crabby Pasta!)
    (Right: Dar's beloved Seafood Marinara!)

    We then headed down to Takashimaya to buy some snowskin mooncake that I missed out on Wednesday night. Bought another box of Royce Champange Chocolate to add on to my Brother's birthday pressie. Then around 530pm...it was eating time again! But this time round the craving didn't come from me but from Dar Dar! hahax...he was craving for his Lucky Chicken Rice at Lucky Plaza again! So though both of us were not feeling hungry we still went ahead and ate it...just that almost 3/4 of my rice was transferred to his plate!Lolx...=p



    (Lucky Chicken Rice!!hahax...)

    We hurried home after the meal cos' Dar wanted to go home watch his exciting soccer match at 730pm. Knowing I'll definitely feel hungry later on, we went to the supermarket near Dar's house to buy a packet of my beloved Kai Lan and a small Lotus Root to keep me full later!!heh heh...Upon reaching home it was self-entertaining time! hahax...I watched my Hong Kong Drama while Dar watched his soccer. Then I had my Kai Lan and Lotus Root together with Dar's sis after she woke up from her nap. She took out the Raffles Hotel Champange Truffles snowskin mooncake after our vegetables feast too!! Two words - Uber NICE! It's my new favourite now...shall buy it next year!hahax...Then when Dar's mummy came home..she made each of us a glass of nice fresh sour orange juice!!Luuurrvvve it!! Then Dar finally tucked me into bed at around 230am. I had a very nice sleep!

    Sunday was quite the same as usual...except that Dar and his sis went out to meet their ex-tutor while I stayed home alone to go through some of my work stuff. And after feeling tired from the work, I took a nap from 5pm to 7pm. Dar and his sis then bought back food to eat together at around 8pm...then after having more Champange Truffles mooncakes...it was time to go back to my home sweet home once again.

    The weekend felt so short!!I could only wish the this next weekend will last longer~

    No comments: