In three words, I can sum up everything I've learnt about life : It goes on - By Robert Frost
    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, August 3, 2009

    My date with Dar @ The Wine Glass @ MarinaKeppelBay



    (The Wine Glass @ MarinaKeppelbay~)

    Last Thursday, Dar and me went on a date! Not the usual dinner and movie, but a chilling out session just for us. Dar's buddy, Joel, passed me some vouchers of The Wine Glass @ MarinaKeppelbay about 1-2months back...and we decided to put it to good use to spend an evening together!

    Dar and me met up after my work and headed to Harbourfront for our favourite hawker centre there cos' it's got really nice oyster omelette, fried carrot cake and noodles!!! We had a little walk around Vivocity to digest our food before taking a stroll over to MarinaKeppelbay together!



    (We lurrveee the food!!!)




    (Yum Yum!)



    (We stopped by the bridge and took a pic while enjoying the calm sight of cruise on one side and yachts on the other~)

    Upon reaching the place, probably cos the place is only open to members and invited guests, and coupled with the fact that it was a weekday, we had the whole entire place to ourselves! Felt like we had booked the whole place and were in our own world in that comfortable space!




    (The Wine Glass~)



    (Us!)



    (Thanks to friendly bartender - Nora~)



    (First drink of the night - Red wine for me! Both Merlot and Cabernet sauvignon for testing and I chose Merlot!)



    (Left: Stella Artois for Dar!)
    (Right: Me with the champagnes~)

    And this was actually also kinda like a mini celebration for my recent promotion @ work to being a Audit Senior (not that I like the fact that I'm now a Senior but just over the mere reason of it being called a promotion..hahax!) Dar and I had quite a few drinks and we enjoyed ourselves very much with the drinks and each other's company @ that cozy place! To face the yachts, and to chit chat just anything or like when I probe him with "what he liked in me"...I wish I can have more of such evenings!



    (I'm facing the yachts out there~)



    (Switched place to the bar counter facing the yachts~)




    (Pics of the bar counter...nicely taken by Dar~)

    Then came loads of nice candid shots of me taken by Dar...hmm but not so much of his cos my candid shot skills suck big time and he just can't stop complaining!!hahax...*Sorry Dar...can't be helped!hahax!* =p




    (Models of the evening?!?! =p)



    (Love this shot by Dar~)



    (And yes!! Our next drink...ice-cold Heineken for Dar and Long Island Tea for me!)

    The staff there are really friendly too, and it didn't take long before we started chit-chatting away~I got to know that they do open for company functions and even mini private parties on yachts too! Additionally, they do organise wine tasting sessions as well! And now that I'm in their invite list, I sure am looking forward to their email on the next wine tasting session!! Heex...*slurp* I love the place!!! Oh and we're not done yet...not unless we have another last drink for the sweet and lovely night~



    (Oohh some white wine on the house for me by May the bartender!*prost*)



    (And we had Caiprinha for Dar...nice drink!)

    And with that, we ended our relaxing drinking session...all satisfied as we left and strolled out along the bridge once again~



    (Bella loves her Dar Dar!)



    (Bella with the rows and rows of yachts...will one of them be mine someday?? heh heh~)



    (And our final pic...going home with rosy cheeks and full of love!*smuacks*)

    Seriously, if not for the fact that I had my Senior's Orientation the next day and had to wake up super early...I would have stayed all the way till they close! =p Will definitely be back for more cos I've finally found a quiet and lovely place for drinks with minimal rowdy crowds!!! (^^)
    P.S Tank cute Dar Dar for the wonderful company and date! Love u!

    No comments: