In three words, I can sum up everything I've learnt about life : It goes on - By Robert Frost
    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, August 7, 2009

    Senior's Orientation!

    It was the time for the newly promoted audit seniors in Deloitte to come together for a full day of Orientation.

    I still remembered how much I enjoyed being part of the committee to organise the Senior's Orientation for my seniors back then. It felt like yesterday...but just last Friday (31 July 2009), it was my turn to attend it, not as an organiser, but as a participant of the event!

    This year's Senior Orientation was held at St Regis...I met up with Sarah and Wei Khim at Orchard MRT @ 8am and took a cabbie over to St Regis. I was feeling totally like a zombie~hahax...



    (We reached early!! taken @ the ballroom=p)




    (the ballroom for our orientation~nicely set up!)

    The agenda for the day is pretty much like what we planned the previous year...talks from managers and then followed by team building games...And the morning passed by real slow and most of us were waiting for the morning break to come! hahax...



    (Apricots and sweets for us on every table~it sure helped a little to prevent my stomach from growling!hahax...)

    And morning break came and we had some light finger food with tea/coffee served as well. After the break were more talks again and then some mini games which somehow failed to perk us up very much! And within only a short span of say 2 hrs, our buffet lunch was ready for us! *seriously it's all about eating on that day!!*hahax...







    (Food for our buffet lunch was superb!!!)



    (Treasures in DT~)



    (2009 and 2008 Senior Orientation GFSI reps)



    (All busy eating! hahax~)




    (My nice colleagues~)



    (Yujia and me with our crappy manager~)



    (Junne and me with Yogi~)



    (Left: Me and my er-ah~)
    (Right: Junney with me~)



    (Stupid Yogi never smiles properly in pics~)

    Lunch hour was quite long, and we had some walk-around in the hotel and of course, had some photo craze too~



    (in the lift! Their lifts look like a room!with a seat there for us too!hahax~)



    (and we went up to their swimming pool @ 2nd level~wish I can be the one lying there on weekdays!)



    (Taken at the lobby area~all slacking!hahax)

    After lunch, we went back for the 2nd half of our Orientation. The talks were somehow more interesting (maybe cos' by then we were more awake..hahax) and I guess we did enjoy it more! Needless to say..there was a afternoon tea break not very long after..but food was still good as usual! *yum*

    We ended the day with a final "100seconds no NG" game which was really fun! hahax...and my team came in as 2nd place and our prize was movie passes (9 movie passes for table of 8)! My team members gave me 2 cos' they said I contributed to 3 out of the approx 8/9 stages!heex...how nice!! =p



    (All behind the ballroom for the game!)



    (My table mates!)



    (The game team...2 tables combined!)



    (Left: Me and Maggie, the main leader for the Senior Orientations of last year and this year!Very nice lady!)
    (Right: Junney with Maggie~)

    After the Senior's Orientation, a few of us went to Partyworld @ Orchard to sing for 4 straight hours!!! I was totally exhausted and worn out after around 2.5hrs!hahax...



    (Left: Nicole finally sing!)
    (Right: wanna sing with me?!?!hahax)



    (Left: Winnie and Nicole!)
    (Right: Khimmy's turn to sing!)



    (Ladies of the night!!)

    The day completed just like that! And somehow I wished there can be more Orientations!!hahax...so I can eat and slack more!! =p...but all in all...it's a pretty great day spent with my fellow colleagues! These people are the ones who make my workdays somehow easier! =)

    No comments: