In three words, I can sum up everything I've learnt about life : It goes on - By Robert Frost
    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, August 26, 2008

    GFSI Seniors' Orientation Event!

    (The beloved Committee...)

    Last Friday was the first ever first year Seniors Orientation in my Company. And so if I haven't mention it here, Bella's been arrowed to represent my department for helping out in the organization of this event with 6 other representatives from each of the other 6 General Audit teams. And I must say the whole planning, though time consuming especially when we all have job engagements in our schedules, was fortunately very pleasant and nice...and a very big element was our boss, Maggie, who's the in charge for the event. She's one of the nicest superior I worked together with...cos' even though she's a Senior Manager..she carries no air but only care and understanding towards us all!!



    (Deloitte Poster at Marriott Hotel...)

    Though I had to wake up earlier then usual cos' needa reach Marriott by 745am to prepare the stuff...I still enjoyed myself! My eyes were actually torturing me throughout the morning...think it's cos' of my contact lenses...but there's no optical shop that will be open at such early hours...so I just had to bear with the pain and do the stuff until some shop open out there. The morning session started slow with some ice breaking games and talk...but some things caught its pace a little after the morning tea break! Nice kuehs and pies with hot beverages must have helped to perk the people up...while I took the chance to slip out to get myself a new pair of contact lenses! Felt like my eyes came soooo alive after I put on the new lenses...felt so refreshed and ready to go back for more fun with the seniors!



    (The entangled tags...lolx...it's sorting time!)



    (Morning tea break time...)



    (Straw game...think it's easy...try asking the seniors...lolx!)

    Some inspirational talk came along...and of course with some heavy ones...but nothing cheers my day more then the buffet lunch at Marriott Cafe!!!Wow...if you guys haven been to the Marriott Cafe Buffet...u MUST go!!!It's soooo nice...with wide variety and super nice food! The drinks served are also not those tasteless punch but real juicy and delicious fruit juice! The thick mango juice is really nice...And the most attractive thing there is the dessert section!!Around 7-8 types of cakes..and not forgetting the kiwi and strawberry strudel! Oh..and unlike some hotel buffet I went which serves rather pathetic variety of ice creams..the Marriott Cafe buffet serves like around 10 flavors! I love the caramel ice cream..and most of all the strawberry cheese cake!!!Woohoo...and so it shouldn't come as much of a surprise that I only took pics of the dessert...hahax! I was too busy eating with the limited time (cos' we've got a schedule to keep up with for the day!)

    (At Marriott Cafe..oh is that Edward??I think so...hahax!)

    (Tada!!My beloved desserts...*drools*)

    After lunch..more games!!keke..and though I was actually feeling kinda sleepy after all the food, the peeps in the committee team saved me day! It's so nice working with them...we get things done but we play too! keke...and we even sneaked out to take a group pic while time was given for the Seniors to carry out the game! The tea break in the afternoon somehow didn't look as appetising as the morning one though..maybe cos' we all still carried a full stomach! hahax...but I love the fruits...juicy and colorful! Yum Yum!



    (My department seniors...Catcha!!hahax...)

    (The farnie Kaizad!!see how hard Maggie is trying to pull him into position!hahax...)

    (And finally...Presenting the Committee!heex...)




    (Last game of the day...tower building..look at the creativity! chairs on the table!!Faintz..lolx!)

    When the whole session ended at around 5pm...it seems like a day fruitfully passed! Our boss, Maggie, initially wanted to give all of us a treat at the Sichuan Court at Swissotel...and we even had our reservations made! But since most of us were still feeling quite full...we decided to call off the dinner and go for some massage together instead! So our boss eventually gave us all a treat at the Wan Yang Health Products and Foot Reflexology at Plaza Singapura! We had a thorough 40 minutes foot massage and a 20 minutes back-shoulder and head massage!!super comfy though it was a little painful..hahax!

    The team has received much positive feedbacks up till today...and nothing makes us feel happier then knowing our efforts paid off and is appreciated! I'm glad...somehow...I was sabotaged! =p

    No comments: