In three words, I can sum up everything I've learnt about life : It goes on - By Robert Frost
    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, May 8, 2010

    My Brother's BIG DAY!~



    (The Brother's BIG day story...)

    I haven't really sat down to blog about my Bro's BIG day! I know this is really laggy...but oh well..at least better late then never right? =p

    That BIG day of my brother's was on a sunny day on the 23rd Jan 2010! We woke up rather early...all happy for the occasion! Dar came over to my house to help out as well..=)



    (Some finger food for the helpers later~)



    (Tang yuans for the love birds~)



    (Bella and Dar while waiting for the arrival of bride and groom~)

    And there's all the traditional say that when the groom and bride arrives, with all the honking of the bridal car, that all the family members should hide and not show up until the couple comes in and calls for us, then we can appear~




    (So here's my cousin who went out to welcome the couple while the rest of us hide!)




    (Tea ceremony starts~)



    (After the tea ceremony, it was bed-jumping time at the newly wed's new bed...that's for 早生贵子!!)



    (And then the eating of Tang Yuans...for a rounded and blissful marriage~)

    After all the "must-dos" have finished, the couple stayed in the room with the photographer for some shots while Dar and me came down to take some shots of the bridal car~ =p






    (Dar and me with the bridal car~posh!!)



    (My sister-in-law and me!)



    (Hmm where's my daddy??...)

    Not long after, it was setting off time! The couple went to my big uncle's house for some ceremonial stuff while the rest of us headed down to hotel to help out~



    (Huhoo~ couple sets off!)

    And here comes all @ Raffles Hotel~



    (Tea ceremony to bride's parents in the hotel!)

    And here comes the start of the lunch banquet~



    (The ballroom~)



    (The wedding certs waiting for the couple!)




    (Helpers / receptionists!)



    (Bella feeling happy for her bro~)




    (The solemnization starts!)





    (And there's the exchange of vows and signing of wedding cert~)



    (March-out after solemnization!)



    (2nd march in!)



    (My mum and dad happy for their son!)



    (Sending out of guests~)

    For dinner...it was more of for really close family and friends...(^^)



    (The reception awaits!)




    (the guests starting to flow in with their words of blessings written down for the couple!)



    (Left: Dar helping on the logistics~)
    (Right: and me taking a break!)



    (Dar and me..a shot taken just outside the ballroom~)




    (Nice shots of the champagne glasses by the photographer!)



    (Champagne pouring time!)




    (And then yum seng session!)



    (The couple with bride's parents!)



    (More pics!)




    (More nice shots of the couple~)

    Isn't it lovely?? And it is of no doubt that the preparation for the day must have been really tiring...but I believe my bro and all who played a part in the wedding preparation would have felt it's worth at the end of everything! How lovely!

    Here's wishing my Brother and Sister-in-law a loving and blissful marriage and start their babies plan soon! (^^) Congrats to them!

    No comments: