In three words, I can sum up everything I've learnt about life : It goes on - By Robert Frost
    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, March 6, 2014

    Trip to Bali - W Retreat and Spa! - Day 4! (My Birthday!!!)

    Day 4 is my Birthday! Goshy Gosh...adding another year to my age! Then again, this is the first birthday that Bern is spending with me.

    Woke up for yet another day of sumptuous breakfast and while we had intended to go for a swim, it was unfortunately raining :( So we had no choice but to stay indoor and wait at the lobby area. Bern had to do some e-shopping for his upcoming Taiwan cycling trip so I headed over to make reservations for dinner that evening.


    (This is the restaurant that we have our daily breakfast called "Fire" I love how the place is beautifully done up!)


    (A couple more sneak peek at what the breakfast offers!)

    Returning to our seats at the lobby, i sat down reading some magazines when I heard the W crew singing "Happy Birthday" song behind me. Thinking that it was meant for someone else since I already had a advanced birthday cake from W in the room on Day 1, I ignored the singing and continued with my reading. But it was not long after when the singing seem to grew louder behind me that I turned over to have a look. To my pleasant surprise, the crew had a cake, a gift and a bouquet of flowers walking towards me!!! *beams* And cos it was raining out there...the lobby was pretty crowded...so I ended up having quite a few people shouting "Happy Birthday" across to me :)







    (Tadaa!!! and here's the first bouquet of flowers I received from Bern! *love*)

    Thanks Bern for planning the surprise for me. Feel so blessed ~ 

    After the mini surprise, we finally got to dip inside the pool for a couple of hours! Bern order this wagyu beef burger that was superbly yummilicious! I'm not exaggerating! Both of us find it very delicious! I see quite a few others ordering it as well! 



    (This!!!! *drools*)

     

    (That's me doing some meditation! LOL)

    Dinner was at Tapping shoes at Potato Head! Have heard sooooo much good reviews on the Potato Head so I was really looking forward to it! Tapping shoes, being the considerably high end restaurant out of the 3 restaurants at Potato head...was pretty empty when we reach. The beach club and Lilin was relatively more crowded compared to Tapping shoes. Felt like we booked the whole restaurant to ourselves! LOL...


    (Some pics taken for the Potato Head beach club which was really packed with people by the Day Beds! I lurrveee the how the pool looks...pity I didn't get to dip inside~)


    (Us!)


    (The inside ambience of Tapping shoes)


    (Our dishes for the night~)

    Dinner was not too bad. Had a mini surprise from the restaurant after they knew it was my birthday that day...hurhur! I really love the ambience at Potato Head.


    (There...my mini birthday celebration at Tapping shoes~ Thanks to the staff there for the small surprise!)

    We strolled back along the beach back to our hotel from Potato Head and then ended up at WooBar @ W. Apparently this is one of the popular bars in Bali as well...great to have it in our hotel~


    (Relaxing @ Woobar~)


    (Both of these are W's special cocktail and I have to say they taste pretty delicious! *slurps*)

    After some drinks, my birthday night ended. It's the fourth and final night at Bali...really enjoyed my birthday this year. May all my wishes come true!!! *beams* 

    No comments: