In three words, I can sum up everything I've learnt about life : It goes on - By Robert Frost
    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, July 14, 2009

    Spa trip @ Bintan with Dar and my Bro+his gf!



    (*Pic of the trip*Geez!!)

    This past weekend, I went for yet another Spa trip to pamper myself! And this time round, I went with Dar as well as my Bro and his girlfriend, Audrey!

    Dar and me woke up @ 7am plus and since it was raining and we were kinda running late by the time we left the house, we took a cab down to Bedok Interchange for our breakfast before taking a bus and head to Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal.



    (Our usual routine Lor Mee for breakfast whenever we go Bintan...haha! Best Lor Mee around!!)



    (In the bus, on our way to Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal!Dar looks sleepy~)

    Upon reaching Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal, we met up with my Bro and Audrey and proceeded to take the ferry! The journey from Singapore to Bintan seem to get longer and longer. While it used to get us to Bintan in approx. 1 hr in the past, it's taking 2 hrs or even more now!!Totally dun understand...did the land shift?!?!lolx...



    (Finally step foot at Tanjong Pinang Ferry Terminal @ Bintan~)



    (Audrey and my Bro @ Tanjong Pinang~)



    (On the bus to Agro Beach Resort!)

    And indeed the ride to Agro Beach Resort was really bumpy and long...Took approx. 1 hr before we reached the resort! Dar and me both slept throughout! Then when we finally reached Agro Beach, apart from the usual hospitality with drinks served, we were brought to our room! Guess what? We got the Honeymoon room that is newly built (FYI it was still building the last time we went) and it faces the sea with the pool just in front of our block!



    (Our room~)



    (View from our Balcony~)

    After settling down for a while, we headed to the cafeteria just below our block and had a bite!



    (Chicken Burger set - Nice!)

    Then after our late lunch, Dar and me went back to change for our Canoe session while my Bro and Audrey went back their room to rest! And yippie!!Canoe time! That was my virgin try on Canoeing! I was not really worried cos the water there is really shallow even after say 1km away from the shore...heex! We travelled quite far away and I seriously dunno if it's cos Dar is too fat or for some other reasons, the back part of the canoe was so filled with water that it could capsize any moment when we were nearing the end of our 30 mins canoe session! hahax...so amused! But SGD5 for 30 mins of Canoe...I find it VERY worthwhile!heex...*No pics taken for our Canoeing session though cos we didn't wan to drown my Exilim Babylicious~hahax*



    (The Sports hut which caters to all the sports activity @ the Resort~)

    Anyways, by the time we finished the Canoe session, it was just nice for Audrey, my Bro and me to go for our Spa treat! Dar didn't wanna go cos he feels massaging and all is a torture!!hahax...so he rested in the room while the rest of us pampered ourselves for a good full 3 hours! And it was all so comfy, I fell asleep again~hahax! (^^)



    (Hee walking towards the Spa house~*Audrey and my Bro*)



    (View from the room where I had my Jacuzzi...yep it's the beach out there~)



    (A big Jacuzzi just for myself cos my Bro and Audrey shared a couple room!hahax~)




    (Here's the room where I did the rest of my spa treats - i.e. Body scrub, body massage, body mask and herbal bath)



    (This is the nice colorful flower pot I see through the bed when I lie down~)



    (Once again...Rejuvenated! Love my skin after the treat!!)

    Right after the nice spa treat, Dar came over to find us and then we all walked over to Sun Moon Restaurant (the seafood restaurant we always visit when we're there!) for our dinner!!I've been waiting all day long for the time to come when I can have all the crabs!!!Yum Yum!



    (All waiting for food!!)



    (And first to come~4 Heineken please!hahax...Superb when we have it with the dishes!!)





    (Our dinner from top left to bottom right - Famous Sun Moon Fried Rice (Nice!), Black pepper Crab (Nice!), Garlic Prawns (Not bad!), Baby Kai Lan in hot plate (Boo...v disappointed with this cos they changed the way it was cooked! It was so nice previously!), Butter Oatmeal Crab (Nice!), Chilli Crab (Nice!))



    (Moi dessert - Famous Indonesia Avocado juice with Chocolate sauce!Nice!!!)

    After filling our stomach full, we had a little walk along the beach back to the lobby area and visited the convenience / souvenir shops there. As usual, I went in there all prepared to wrap up all the scrubs and lotions they have and bring it back home with me cos the scrubs and lotions they sell is both cheap and good! But too bad...they only have the scrubs left so no moisturiser for me this time round!



    (Moi scrubs!!!)

    Bro bought some fireworks from the souvenir store too! So after buying the fireworks and going back to our rooms to rest for awhile, we met up again and went to the beach for our fireworks!!! It's our first time playing with these fireworks (they're just like the ones on National Day) and we got all excited! So were the people around the area when we released the fireworks into the sky!



    (Emo-ing?hahax~)




    (Dar managed to catch some nice shots!)



    (Here's us at the beach after the fireworks!)

    After the fireworks, Audrey and my bro returned to their room and rested for the night whilst Dar and me decided to go down for a swim!! I've been yearning to dip into this pool since the last time we went there on my birthday! Hee..but too bad we didn't bring goggles *cos we're both too used to swimming with goggles*..so we ended up training and learning to swim with our heads above the water!keke...=p



    (Just FYI how the pool really is like...here's a day time pic taken on our last visit for reference..nice right?!?!heex..)



    (hee...pardon our fats but we're going to swim!!!)




    (Love the pool!We had it all to ourselves except for some guy who joined and stayed at a corner of the pool nearing the end of our swim session~hahax!)

    We returned back to the room at around 10pm plus, had a bath and carried on the night with our usual night activity - Texas Holdem with peanuts as our chips!hahax...



    (Hmm alrights...Dar won most of the games..but I did win some too alrights!!RAhh~)

    We woke up afresh with a phone call by my bro to get us up for breakfast at around 830am! We washed up and before we left...I pulled the curtains to welcome the morning once again with a dried seabed!keke...I love the view just as before!



    (Us with the lovely seabed revealed!)




    (Some snaps of our breakfast! Breakfast was nice as the cafetaria was just beside the pool with the seabed in front the pool~)

    Dar got caught by a morning flu bug and was not feeling at his best! So after breakie, we all went back to our respective rooms to rest...and of course enjoy the view outside the room!



    (Love the view~)



    (I love the pilloWww!!it kept me in deep sleep the previous night!)

    But as time ticked, my body felt I needed more out of this trip!!! So I decided to go try out the Thai massage!! I've once seen people doing it and was very amazed...so to my no.2 virgin try of the trip - Thai massage!!keke...



    (Nice weather!)



    (Dar's a little grumpy with the flu bug...Awww~)



    (View from inside the open air massage hut at the beach!)





    (Some shots of the Thai massage...all the cracking makes me feel so light and relaxed after the session!Pity no pic was taken when the masseur roll me up over her body...totally great!)

    Hmm..so with the end of the massage, it was also time for us to check-out of our room!!So we returned back to our room and packed our stuff...and of course, take a one last shot with my beloved pilloWwww before we leave...*sobs*



    (Us with pilloWww before we left!)

    No pics were taken on our way back home to Singapore...not to mention a few hiccups happened along the journey home~*gua gua* But this is yet another good trip added into my diary! I love Spa trips!!!heex...(^^)



    3 comments:

    Unknown said...

    hey may i ask wats the name of the spa u went to in bintan and how much is it? haha going bintan too wan to spa oso!

    Wendy Sim said...

    Oops..sorry for the late reply! It's called Agro Beach Resort. Per night is slightly over SGD100 =) The rates may fluctuate...so safer for you to check it on their webbie! And the spa is a MUST try!!! (^^)

    Ang said...

    Hi Wendy, came across ur blog when I was reading up on Beach Agro. Wanted to ask if they accept rupiah/sgd at their spa? cos the prices I saw here (http://www.welcometobintan.com/downloads/Oceanic_Spa_agro.jpg) seems much cheaper if I pay in rupiah..... but I dont wanna change rupiah then realise that prices are diff when I get there... wondering if you could advise.. thanks much! :) N nice blog you have :D