In three words, I can sum up everything I've learnt about life : It goes on - By Robert Frost
    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, June 19, 2010

    Goodbye to Uncle Sunny~



    (The mourning of a wonderful man)

    18th June 2010 marks the last day of my beloved Uncle Sunny life journey. I woke up in the morning for work as usual, only to receive the news from my mum that one of her dear brothers had passed away due to a sudden heart attack while we were all asleep.

    My whole family was left stunned, speechless and having great difficulty in believing that it happened. I was, to be frank, kinda affected. This is especially so since I see Uncle Sunny as my closest uncle among the many relatives I have. I remember my feets being grounded to the patch of floor just outside my bedroom for about 5-10 mins as I listen to my mum tell me how Uncle Sunny left his family and us so suddenly. No history of heart attack known to us previously made it even harder a fact to accept.

    He was the one who carried and hugged me when I was a small little girl. He was the one who came to my birthday party with a present I'm still wearing every single day. He was the one who never fail to come over to our house during Chinese New Year every year. And he is the one who treated everyone so friendly and nice.

    I was having a dilemma yesterday. To take a day off to grieve about the lost, or to carry on with my plans for the day so I will not keep thinking about it. I tried choosing the latter, by staying at work throughout the day and by going out with my gfs for dinner and a drink at night. And I thought I suppressed it all well and good, but only to realise how i burst into tears as I saw Dar when I went over to Dar's house after the night out.

    It must be really hard on his family, to lose a loving husband and a caring father. Frankly speaking, I still dun understand why a kind man like my uncle have to leave so early in his life. He was only in his 40s, at the peak of his career with a nice family. It's a pain to all of us to see this wonderful man leave...

    *To Uncle Sunny: You will be greatly missed!

    But with this goodbye to someone so dear, I start to also see how life is so fragile and vulnerable. People always get all calculative about a whole load of things in life. But if one day our today becomes a sudden last page of our lives, would you have done all you could have done? Would you regret not saying more "Thank you"s and "I love you"s to all the friends and family who mattered to your life? Would you have lived your life knowing you enjoyed the moments and is satisfied with it?

    I think I need some time alone to really think through. But for a start:

    To my Daddy, Mummy and Brother: I love you and Thank you!
    To Dar: I love you and Thank you!
    To my bestie girl friends (you know who you are): I love you and Thank you!


    No comments: