In three words, I can sum up everything I've learnt about life : It goes on - By Robert Frost
    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, June 27, 2010

    Mini Afternoon Escape~

    After staying home for 5 full days, I was really craving for some outside-home air! For the past few days, I have been so grounded by my eyes which needed much rest after my lasik on Monday.

    Thank God for much protection, my eyes seem to be recovering quite alright, though my right eye is still slightly red and both eyes are suffering from dryness. And I'm actually suppose to be still on MC tomorrow since it's my 1-week post-op review but I gathered maybe it might do me some good to be back in office for some catch-up on my work before the half-year close arrive! Besides, a log-in to my office email on Friday left me almost 200 mails to clear...*urmps*

    And this weekend was as per any other weekend spent with Dar...simple yet happy! =)

    Yesterday Dar finally brought me out for a walk! Weather was sunny but to a crazy extreme...it was crazily hot! I was sweating like mad and not to mention, I had to wear my sunglasses almost every minute when we're out in the sun cos' it was just too much for my recovering eyes!



    (Beautiful clouds though~looks almost like a painted scenery!)



    (Me and Dar~Pardon my pale face without make-up cos I'm not suppose to be on makeup for a week~)

    We went to have lunch at Serangoon North area since Dar had to collect his clothes from the tailor. Afterwhich we headed down to Sim Lim to get Dar's daddy a laptop. And though we initially planned to make a trip down to Orchard for some shopping, the idea was called off upon realising how mean the weather was and how heavy the laptop was as well. I still got to do abit of shopping at Bugis Junction though! heh heh...Great buys @ watsons this weekend if u missed it. Here're some of my buys~



    (Avène Thermal Spring Water!! 2 Big bottles for just SGD29.90! Big save of SGD23.90! Great for calming my skin in this hot weather!)



    (Maybelline Pulse Perfection Vibrating Mascara - Reviews voice it that the vibrations does wonders to full lashes and supposedly a limited edition...I just had to try it..that is after my 1-week of no make-up is over!=p)

    And of course, some other daily necessities that were at a discounted price! It's always nice to do stock-ups and u'll definitely know what I mean if you've stepped foot into one of the watsons store this weekend! =p

    Back home, Dar and I unloaded the barang barang buys and did some shopping @ the supermarkets for our steamboat ingredients! Haven't had steamboat for quite some time and since I was craving for it the night before, my wish was granted! Hoho~





    (Just some snapshots~Boy I love steamboats!)

    I did quite a fair bit of online shopping this weekend too! Makes me happy to be able to pamper myself before i officially start work tomorrow! Manage to quite a bit of time-off for my post-op review tomorrow. Hope all will be well for my eyes~ *winks*

    No comments: