In three words, I can sum up everything I've learnt about life : It goes on - By Robert Frost
    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, February 15, 2008

    hApPy BirthdAy to Meeee!!!

    It's my 23rd birthday today!! Before the arrival of today, I expected it to be another working day but of course with some additional spice coz I get to still celebrate with my Dar Dar. Dar Dar had to go for department lunch with his colleagues so I was still wondering if I'll have to spend lunch alone or something. In all I didn't expect any celebration during lunch. But guess what! It's all owing to my sweetie junney that I enjoyed my birthday lunch soooooo much!

    Junney, Jillian and Timo and I had lunch together at China Square foodcourt. Sweetie Junney actually bought super nice cakes for us (thou end up we were too full to eat it after our lunch and I brought it all back...lol!). Though the cakes were not eaten, but we still lighted the candle and they all sang me a wonderful birthday song before we proceeded to buy our lunch. Timo was kana punished by Junne for some "personal attack matters"..lol..and a video of the birthday singing session was taken and mainly aimed towards Timo (Junney's planning to use it as a threat to Timo if he ill-treat her!) hahax...we then went for some chit chat session at the famous Mr. Teh Tarik at China Square area. Met many colleagues there as well. Junne kinda promote and announced my birthday to them hahax...and end up many people came to wish me Happy Birthday! All thanks to my sweet Missy Junne... keke...

    (Junney, Jilly, Timo and Me!)

    Went back to client's place to work after lunch. Was doing some checking of stuff and was like holding back my need to go to the ladies coz I just wanted to finish checking the stuff on hand first. Until one of my team members started getting concerned as to why I still don't want to go washroom, I held back a little further and finally went to the ladies. When I got back to the meeting room, there I saw a small Hello Kitty (my most hated cartoon character though..lol) cake with a lighted candle sitting on the center of the table that was already so full of files. I was rather touched I must say coz I really didn't see this coming. Anyway, a birthday song was sung for me too (but too bad I failed to take a video of it coz I forgot to change my recording to external memory and it stopped halfway their singing..)!

    (The small thoughtful cake from my audit team!)

    I was rushing quite a little coz me and Dar Dar suppose to go to "Chun Dao He Pan"! I managed to get released by my nice Senior for the night at around 645pm. We proceeded to our destination immediately. And boy we were like hungry babies when we saw all the food that were presented before us along that whole stretch of food stalls!

    (Dar Dar and me along Singapore River while walking over to Chun Dao He Pan)


    (Us with the yummy food on left, and simply me on right=p)

    We even stopped at a street artist for a portrait drawn for each of us at $30 for both (though ended up paid $50 coz of laminating...)! We kinda of regretted but Dar Dar consolated us both by saying that it's not a everyday thing so it's okie. We then walked around until we saw the cordoned streets that was in preparation for the short F1 race and Chingay parade. Baby loves F1 so we stopped there to wait for the F1 race. It was so crowded! And as for a shortie like me, I thank God I was wearing heels. At least it helped me to up my sight level slightly. hahax...we waited for quite awhile before the short F1 display started. But I must say the sound of the engine is really thunderous but exciting! I might just dream of it tonight. hahax...

    (Portrait of me! note the birthday wishes at the side!Dar Dar requested it! hehe...)



    (The track and a super cute red bull car we spot!)

    After the race was over, we walked back to the food street to get ourselves a drink before sitting down at one of the benches beside the Singapore River. And there, I shared the cakes Junney bought for me and Dar Dar sang both the English and Chinese version Birthday Song for me!!!keke...Baby was still craving for the food sold there even after we down 2 slices of cakes. So he went to get himself some more food before we moved off and made our way back home.

    I rushed back home to blow candles with my family. Universal Asset (the company me and Dar Dar hold some wine investment with) sent a chocolate cake to my house today. The choc cake really taste nice and I think my family loves it. But as for me, I think I ate a little too much cakes today so I only ate one mouthful of it and that was it. My brother miraculously bought me a birthday pressie this year (coz he usually don't) - a set of 5 lip glosses. He ask me to apply one colour for each working day and give different coloured kisses to my Dar Dar every day we go to work. Lolx...that's not a bad idea I must say! =p


    (The birthday cake from UAG)

    (the 5 lip glosses from my Brother)

    Anyway, here I am giving thanks to the many blessings I received this birthday. Thanks to all the people who remembered my birthday today. I'm really touched coz I wasn't expecting so many wishes, but you guys made me feel so loved! And as for my baby Dar Dar, thanks to all that you have done for me and given me in this 2 consecutive days. I really enjoyed myself! Thanks for treating me like a princess (ur-hurm...don't forget the voice record I recorded though..-a princess everyday!hahax) and thanks for making me feel so loved by you once again! I prayed and wish in this birthday that we will continue to stay loving and understanding to each other's needs and feelings always and I wish you will help make my wish come true! I love you Baby Dar Dar! smuacks...=)

    No comments: