In three words, I can sum up everything I've learnt about life : It goes on - By Robert Frost
    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, March 7, 2008

    a veRy niCe Friday!

    I haven enjoyed a Friday...or simply any day like today for a long long while...

    The day started off with a call from the Radio station 88.3 fm (due to a sms I sent in for some lucky draw to Switzerland to watch the 2008 UEFA match). I had initially sent in coz I was in my Daddy's car and he was tuned to this particularly station. Being bored in the car and having my handphone in my hands, I decided to just text over for fun, not expecting much though. It was when I reach the MRT station when the call came and to cut the story short, the game needed me to provide another friend's details to get him/her to join in the game with me. And so needless to say, I gave my Dar Dar's contact number and we both took part in the game. At the end we both answered the questions correctly and was entered into a lucky draw that was supposed to be held only in May. Well, keeping fingers crossed, till then, wish us luck in the lucky draw.

    Anyway, today marks the end of my engagement at the client I'm currently auditing at. This was supposed to be a job engagement that I've always dreaded to go. But today, after a one month stay (that passed so quickly with all the OTs), I think I just might miss the place. Especially coz of the beautiful scenery from the meeting room that so deliberately made its special appearance on my last day at the place. The weather was just too perfect and nice to ignore. It just totally bring my mood to its highest level during work and I was just so captured by the view that I somehow wish this was not going to be my last day at this engagement.



    (The view is sooooo awesome!What a blessing!)

    We had a engagement team lunch today! Yippy time for some nice gathering and good food again. *Laughs* We went to a Japanese restaurant named "Hito" just below Republic Plaza. They also have a branch at China Square area but I guess it would be much more comfortable to eat under an air conditioned place. I ordered my Hito Set while the rest ordered Kaminabe set or Ramen set. The food came faster then I expected and we dig in without a second's delay. keke...



    (The menu at "Hito" and the famous Kaminabe)



    (My Hito Set!!Yummy)



    (Tina and meee!!)



    (And I present the Itochu Team!!)

    And well it was back to the beautiful meeting room and seriously I must say my mood was so lifted today, I didn't feel much stress while working. Junne came up to find me after hearing about how nice the view out there was like from the meeting room I was in, especially since I guess she must also be feeling stressed up after a whole day at work. So then she came up from her client's place which was just beside the building I was in and I got her a cup of tea and some tidbits to perk her up.



    (Here's my Junney Babe!)

    And time pass really fast when working under minimal stress don't you agree? And Dar Dar made my day better when he sms and asked me if I would love to have dinner at "New York New York" after work. What's better then having ur tummy filled up with delicious food after a day at work? Oh and especially if it's spending the night with my beloved one!!=p



    (By Singapore River...Taken while waiting for Dar Dar!)



    (Our photo of the special Friday!)

    So we headed to "New York New York" at citylink right after work and ordered our foooddd!!!Rahhh...long queue but we got ourselves a 2-person seat without much waiting. The service there was great I must say, with the waiter (or probably a higher level kind) constantly checking if we're doing fine with the food or not. Dar Dar offered for the few rare times to have a walk around with me after food and we went along doing some window shopping. It was really crowded this evening and I guess it must be due to the IT show that is on since yesterday at Suntec. We had decided to head to Esplanade to take a bus home until we happen to chance upon the Mosaic Music Festival at the Esplanade space that always has performances going on. The program tonight was some Jazz singing band and we ended up sitting down to watch the performance. The singing was really nice and soothing. It was really a nice way to spend time with Dar Dar as we listen to the songs with each other by our sides. By the time the performance ended, it was also time to head home. We took a bus and though crowded, we managed to get ourselves seats not long after boarding the bus and as usual, I fell deep asleep while leaning on Dar Dar's shoulders again. Ended up both of us kind of overslept coz Dar Dar had missed his stop and ended up walking home with me to send me home (else he would have alighted at his stop and I would have gotten my daddy to come out to my stop to pick my up). It's been quite some time since Dar Dar walked me home and I must say I totally enjoy it whenever he walks me home!



    (The Menu at "New York New York")



    (Dar Dar so engrossed in the menu!)



    (Our dinner - the left is mine while the right is Dar Dar's!!Very nice!)



    (Us with our food!)

    I must say today has been one of the best days I have in this year. Of course I'm hoping better days will come, but having a day like today, I thank God and shall take it as a bonus! Hope you guys noticed how beautiful the weather today had made the view around us to be. *Cheers*

    No comments: