In three words, I can sum up everything I've learnt about life : It goes on - By Robert Frost
    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, March 31, 2008

    A love I put in my wishlist


    It's been quite some time since I last longed for and had soooooo much interest in a movie...not until I happen to come across a commercial on the movie "The Bucket List". Two of my favourite actors are in it...playing ear to ear..namely Jack Nickolson and Morgan Freeman. I waited for the show to come..and finally after what seems like ages..I got to watch it tonight. A great way to take my mind off from all..and a show I know I can depend on to bring some inspiration to my life.

    I wouldn't go much into the details of the show but to leave to all of you to catch the show..but perhaps except for the fact that I teared and then cried in the show, and of course not leaving my post without some sharing. Two specific scenes in the movie touched my heart so much..and I mean really much. So much so that I kept it in my heart..wanting to remember it more then any other scenes.

    One of the memorable scene that hit me so strongly was when Carter Chambers (Morgan Freeman) talked to Edward Cole (Jack Nickolson) while soaking in the bath-tub, sharing with Edward about how he suddenly realised his change of feelings for his wife (his only love) after living through his life. To start from his strong and passionate love for her, and not wanting to walk down the streets without his wife's hands. But only to realise one day that something was missing, that the feeling was lost. It attracted me at that instance how romantic and important, or rather precious it can be, when a man knows how to look back and realise something is missing, and with this, not abandoning but holds in his words and emotions a longing to chase back that lost feeling.

    The second scene was when a beautiful woman came to Carter, supposedly planned by Edward after hearing that Carter's wife was Carter's only woman in his life. Strong was the temptation with a gorgeous lady standing right before him, without his wife around, but only to hear Carter reject the lady gentlemanly. And what followed up that moved me to tears was when the lady told Carter that Carter's wife must be a very wonderful woman to have a man like Carter by her side and that his wife was fortunate. But unlike what most guys I came across would say, this man here said with such great sincerity and belief, that he was the lucky one to have his wife (it surprised me coz he had initially find her wife too sticky and noisy at the beginning of the show). To me, I would say, how blessed it would be for a woman to work so hard for her relationship and the one she loved with her time and love, and with no need for great luxury or overly exaggerated sweet words, but only to be able to hear her man thanking her with such great words of sincerity. This, in my opinion, would mean more then any other gifts on earth, and even more then any superficial honeyed words that were used too loosely today. And I teared as I hear Carter's words...and praying to God...if I may have a blessed life like this.

    No withhelding of true love, no room for pride, and even with anger, let it be anger of concern and of love. To not hurt, but to guide with patience and love. To be always humble and forgiving, even if mistakes were done. To understand and always trust that wrongdoings are not done intentionally, so that both could hold their hands till they are old. And I believe, a kiss on the lips when both are old at age is worth more then having tons of gold. Do you agree?

    No comments: